Brickstone Africa Infrastructure Acceleration Programme (“Brickstone InfraLAB”) is an action oriented capacity building and acceleration programme aimed at project sponsors involves in large scale industrial and infrastructure projects in Africa.
We see the need for an Accelerator Programme to fill the gap in the infrastructure space by helping first-time sponsors to accelerate the projects to a bankable state where investments can be sourced adequately.
In a nutshell, the programme consists of the following core elements:
Brickstone InfraLAB Foundation
This stage is an Action Learning training program for Aspiring and Emerging Infraprenuers seeking to develop large scale projects. The training is mainly online with on-demand videos and live discussion sessions. Attending the Programme provides a solid grasp of basic project finance awareness in order to agree with other project stakeholders and appreciate project finance principles that affect the value of their large scale projects The newly established companies “graduate” at the end of the program would have better ability to “own” their infra-pitch decks and discuss their projects with much better knowledge of their deal structure as well as the project implementation plan. The Brickstone InfraLAB Foundation is made up of these Two (2) Brickstone Dealcamp Courses below
Project Finance Fundamentals for Infraprenuers (PFF)
- Module 01 – Introducing Project Finance
- Module 02 – Project Development Stages
- Module 03 – Project Finance Structuring Fundamentals
- Module 04 – Principles of Risk Allocation
- Module 05 – Conclusion
Project Finance Implementation for Infraprenuers (PFF)
- Module 01 – Quick Review on Project Finance Fundamentals
- Module 02 – Achieving Bankability I : Predictable Cashflow
- Module 03 – Achieving Bankability II : Fixed Construction Delivery
- Module 04 – Achieving Bankability III : Sustainable Operations & Environmental Compliance
- Module 05 – The Infrapreneurs Approach to Communicating the Project
- Module 06 – Understanding Project Finance Loan Documentation Process
- Module 07 – Project Financial Plan & Getting to Financial Closure
- Module 08 – Post Financial Close Activities in Project Finance
Brickstone InfraLAB Incubation
Upon completion of the Foundation Stage, Brickstone InfraLAB would be able to select Infraprenuers who have the right traction about their project . Under our agreed InfraLAB Incubation Terms and Conditions we engage with the Infraprenuer for a further 40-60 day incubation process where we further derisk the cohort projects much better. The incubation period concludes with the Infrapreneur having a clear Pre-development Budget with a well articulated Procurement plan and the right Valuation to hold Seed Equity Discussions. The cohort members are also prepared for a quick Seed Equity Roadshow and Demo day.
Brickstone InfraLAB Buildout
The Buildout Phase is mainly focused on InfraLAB cohort that have been able to secure seed investment to fund the approved Pre-Development budget under our agreed Terms & Conditions. We provide Time-limited Transaction Support Services up to 6 months – 18 months comprising ( Procurement Management, Financial Model Auditing, Interim Management and Compliance Services) and intensive mentoring of the use of the development budget.
Image already added