Brickstone Project Sponsors Masterclass Training
Junior Mining Development & Financing Masterclass
There is need for Confidence in the Africa’s regulatory framework, especially to aid Junior Mining executives in West Africa is still described as one of areas with the richest mineral endowments in the world, meaningful exploration has not been evident for decades. There are a number of initiatives by the Public Sector been worked on through a collaborative effort from the various departments, agencies, inter-ministerial efforts and the private sector. There is a clear need for increased the need for training in technical and financial appraisal of mining projects in West Africa to help identify risk and opportunities hence the Mining Development & Financing Masterclass.
The Junior Mining Development & Financing course would provide the basic principles of apprising the life cycle of a variety of mining projects. This West African focused course is designed to impart good economic and commercial appraisal techniques and practices for new entrants to the Mining Industry as juniors, and to refresh and update skills for existing Mining Operators
- A Two (2)-day training covering topics in Mining Life Cycle developments
- Framed by the West African context of current Mining Laws and sector development of Solid Minerals Industry Value Chain
- Consists of lectures, hands-on group exercises, computer modeling, and video case studies.
- Expand Your Knowledge – Understand how different tools to enable core mining analysis
Who Can Participate?
The Mining Development & Financing Masterclass is focused more on Sponsors and Project Owners as detailed below
- Established Entrepreneurs involved in the process of entry into the Junior Mining Industry
- Heads of Family Managed Enterprises, Directors and Strategic Decision makers in Corporations
- Mid to Senior level corporate executives in Public Sector
- Academics and students who are looking out for strategic insights into the Minning Industry
Introduction to Mining
These include discussions around mine life stages, exploration, mining studies, the mining process, design and planning, quantification and interpretation, extraction and processing, rehabilitation
The Economics of Mining
Participants would be exposed into highlights operations into economics, exploration expenditure, determining capital requirements, mining equipment options, economic evaluation
Financing and Deal-making
This provides an overview of the financial life cycle of junior mining companies raising funds and financial instruments, equity investments, debt and project finance, joint ventures, marketing and off-take agreements, technical report and media release interpretation)
Workshop on Risk Assessment & Strategy.
Discussion Panel on discussion of Mining Projects risks how to deal with them. Key risks include credit, market, interest, infrastructure, engineering, liquidity, supply, currency, political and environmental. Guest Speakers to be invited to share their knowledge and there would also be Q&A session.
The Facilitators are leading specialist in Mining Economic and Financial Consultants, with vast commercial and financial advisory experience range from negotiations to sourcing, developing, closing. He has independently consulted on coal, gold and base metals exploration and has been delivering hands-on mining courses for companies and individuals across Europe and Africa.
Masterclass Locations, 2018–2019